Six hundred sixty six is the number of the beast and the infamous Mark of the Beast
corresponds to this. During the Tribulation, the false prophet will attempt to force
everyone to wear the Mark, which is the equivalent of both 666 and the name of the
beast. All will be required to put it on their forehead or the hand. Those who refuse
it will not be allowed to buy or sell.
The full, undiluted wrath of God will be the judgment of anyone who receives the
Mark. Their punishment will be eternal torture and no rest forever and ever.
Those who refuse to worship the beast or his image and refuse to receive the Mark
of the Beast will be the first to be resurrected and reign with Christ for a thousand
Mark of the Beast Scriptures:
And he causes all, the small and the great, and the rich and the poor, and the free
men and the slaves, to be given a mark on their right hand or on their forehead,
and he provides that no one will be able to buy or sell, except the one who has the
mark, either the name of the beast or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let
him who has understanding calculate the number of the beast, for the number is that
of a man; and his number is six hundred sixty six. Revelation 13: 15-18. NASV
Then another angel, a third one, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone
worships the beast and his image, and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
he also will drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is mixed in full strength
in the cup of His anger; and he will be tormented with fire and brimstone in the
presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb. And the smoke of their
torment goes up forever and ever; they have no rest day and night, those who worship
the beast and his image, and whoever receives the mark of his name.” Revelation 14:9-12
And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs
in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast
and those who worshipped his image; these two were thrown into the lake of fire which
burns with brimstone. Revelation 19:20. NASV
Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw
the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and
because of the word of God, and those who had not worshipped the beast or his image,
and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came
to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.Revelation 20:4 NASV
Theories for the Mark of the Beast
The Mark of the Beast is one of the most controversial of all the Last Days prophecies.
It seems there is a new theory proposed for the Mark almost every week. Lets look
at the Scriptures in the book of Revelation that describes the Mark.
Major points of these Scriptures
• It is forced by the false prophet
• It is forced on everyone in the world
• It will be put on either the right hand or the forehead
• Only those with the mark will be able to buy and sell
• Either the mark or the name or the number of the beast must be used
• It is a man’s number
• The number of the beast is 666
• There is certain judgment and no repentance for anyone who takes the Mark of the
The Most Popular Theories
• The number 666
• An implanted microchip
• A barcode
• Sunday worship instead of Saturday
• An International ID number
• Rejection of some cult’s beliefs
• The name of the Beast
• The Star of David
• 666 Blasphemous names
• Any number of specific letters or symbols
• Merely symbolic of something else
Problems with the most popular theories
• The number 666: This is valid, since it is given as one of the options, but it
is a number, not a mark
• The implanted microchip: The mark is said to be put on the hand or forehead, not
under the skin. A microchip may be used as well, but that is not a mark
• The barcode: This is not really a mark either, but a number in another form
• A name: This is valid, since it is given as one of the options, but a name is not
• A sect or cult’s beliefs: The Scripture is very clear that it is a physical mark
on the hand or forehead
• Merely symbolic: If it is symbolic, then the text loses it’s whole meaning and
purpose. This is a common tactic of skeptics, cults and sects in an attempt to disqualify
Scriptures which clearly contradict their unbiblical beliefs.
What a legitimate theory for the mark should include
• It should be a mark, that is, not a number or a name
• It should be the equivalent of both the number and name
• It should be indelible, like a brand or tattoo
• It should illustrate the number 666
• It should illustrate the name of the beast
• It is a mark that should represent a man
The number must be converted to a mark
• Since we do not know the name of the beast, we are left with the number 666.
• Since the mark is neither number nor name, it must be a symbol that represents
the number 666
• I know of no symbol that represent the number 666, but there is a widely used symbol
that does represent the number 6
The hexagram or the Star of David
The Graphic Symbol for six
• The pentagram is the graphic symbol for the number six because the pentagram is
made up of six parts:
“For the number is that of a man”
• In Biblical numerology, six is the number of man
• Six is the number of incompletion or of falling short of the perfect number seven
• Man was created on the sixth day
• Man’s labor was to take place on six days
• Six is the number of human effort
• The major body parts of man are six: head, 2 arms, 2 legs and torso
The Pentagram is a graphic symbol of a man as shown in this ancient occult illustration
The Pentagram is the most widely used occult symbol
• The Pentagram is the graphic symbol most associated with occultist worship
• In paganism, witchcraft, and Satan worship, it is often inverted, symbolizing man
• The pentagram can be corrupted, that is, the head turned down toward hell
• It may have a circle around it, which symbolizes the exclusion of God
The Pentagram as a pagan symbol
The Pentagram is universally accepted
• A pentagram by itself simply represents a man. How it is used determines if it
has a sinister meaning or not
• The pentagram is the most widely used graphic on the flags of the world
• Pentagrams are commonly used in all kinds of logos, decorations, currencies, and
• The pentagram also represents a star, which is symbolic of achievement and high
• Pentagrams are already used universally, so its use as a symbol of a world-wide
organization would be readily accepted, and would not alarm most people
The next step is simple and logical
• Three Satanic personalities make their appearance in the Last Days:
1. The Dragon
2. The Beast
3. The False Prophet
• These three make up the Satanic Trinity that will manifest itself fully during
• The number 666 is a trinity of sixes, one for each member
And now we have the Mark of the Beast
• It is a graphic mark that represents the number 666
• It is made up of a symbol that represents man
• It graphically illustrates the satanic trinity that will take over the world during
And so this is what may prove to be the Mark of the Beast
The Tri-pentagram mark is already showing up on the Euro!
One more point
The great nemesis of Israel was Babylon. According to the prophetic Scriptures, Mystery
Babylon, in some form, will rise again in the last days to dominate the world.
What symbol does the flag of Babylon have on it today?
OK, Babylon doesn’t have a flag, or does it? What country is ancient Babylon in today?
Iraq! Take a look at the Iraqi flag:
Some insist that the hexagram, also known as the star of David or Magen David is
the Mark of the Beast
This is an invalid theory because
• The hexagram has seven parts, the number of perfection and the number most associated
with the purposes of God.
• Although the occult has been known to use the hexagram on occasion, the misuse
of a symbol does not automatically disqualify it from a legitimate use.
• Although there is no evidence that the hexagram was used by David or even as a
symbol for Judaism before the fourteenth century, because of its seven part structure
it is an appropriate symbol to be used on the Israeli flag.
• There is no way the Antichrist would use the star of David as his mark. It has
a negative association in much of the world, especially the Muslim world. It would
be impossible for the Beast to rally world support around the hexagram.
• Unlike the pentagram, which can be turned upside down, the hexagram cannot be “corrupted,”
that is, turned toward hell.
The name of the Beast and 666
Besides representing the number of the Beast, 666, the tri-pentagram mark also represents
the name of the Beast. This may give clues to the identification of the Antichrist.
The three personalities of the unholy trinity, the Dragon, the Beast, and the False
Prophet, are the antithesis of the Holy Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These
three personalities may be described in the name of the Beast, something like Abbas
Bin-Hadad (father, son of Hadad) or the equivalent in another language.
The Mark of the Beast could be invisible
There is a growing fad in the tattoo industry of using clear, florescent inks to
create tattoos. Theses are visible only under ultraviolet light. When the Mark of
the Beast begins to be used, it may be a florescent ink tattoo, so that the mark
will be virtually invisible under most conditions. You could encounter someone with
the Mark on their hand or forehead and not even realize it.
Mark of the Beast headband
The Mark of the Beast may start out as a headband of the Iraqi flag or as three stars
on the headband of an “Occupy” type movement that will sweep the world. Zealous supporters
of the movement may eventually start tattooing three pentagrams on their foreheads.
When the one-world leader comes into power, he may use this movement’s headband symbol
as his official icon, eventually requiring anyone who wishes to participate in his
world economy to have it tattooed on their forehead or hand.
The Mark of the Beast will likely consist of three pentagrams. The pentagram, having
six parts, symbolizes the number six as well as being a universal symbol for a man.
Three pentagrams symbolize the unholy trinity who will make their appearance during
the Tribulation: The Dragon, the Beast, and the False Prophet. The tri-pentagram
mark has already become a popular tattoo design and is in use on the Euro and the
Iraqi flag. Look for the tri-pentagram mark logo to gain in popularity in culture,
on currency and in world political movements.